From time to time we all struggle with situations around us. After a long week; after a bad day; after an illness; through financial turmoil; after the loss of a loved one – the circumstances are entirely different but words of encouragement help us through each hardship to see and feel the love of Christ in our lives.
Below are 10 quotes from Billy Graham. We hope that they will lift you up today and that you can share them with others who will find encouragement through their message.
- “Humanity wants comfort in its sorrow, light in its darkness, peace in its turmoil, rest in its weariness, and healing in its sickness and diseases: The Gospel gives all of this to us.” (from The Secret of Happiness)
- “Don’t be bound by the past and its failures. But don’t forget its lessons either.” (from Wisdom for Each Day)
- “Many of the mysteries of God – the heartaches, trials, disappointment, tragedies, and the silence of God in the midst of suffering – will be revealed in heaven.” (from Day by Day)
- “Disappointment and failure are not signs that God has forsaken you or stopped loving you. The devil wants you to believe God no longer loves you, but it isn’t true. God’s love for us never fails.” (The Journey)
- “Happy is the person who has learned the secret of being content with whatever life brings him, and has learned to rejoice in the simple and beautiful things around him.” (from The Secret of Happiness)
- “Without dark clouds in our lives we would never know the joy of sunshine. We can become callous and unteachable if we do not learn from pain.” (from Hope for the Troubled Heart)
- “I firmly believe God continues to answer the prayers of His people even after He has taken them to heaven. Never forget that God isn’t bound by time the way we are. We see only the present moment; God sees everything. We see only part of what He is doing; He sees it all.” (from My Daily Prayer Journal)
- “This should be the motto of every follower of Jesus Christ. Never stop praying no matter how dark and helpless it may seem.” (from Decision)
- “The Bible teaches that we are to be patient in suffering. Tears become telescopes to heaven, bringing eternity a little closer.”(from Alone with the Savior)
- “God doesn’t comfort us to make us comfortable, but to make us comforters.” (Facing Death and the Life After)
“The righteous person may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all.” (Psalm 34:19)