Founded in 1951, World Wide Pictures was a film production studio created by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) as a way to spread the Gospel.
The building pictured above was the eventual headquarters of World Wide Pictures after the move from the studios in Burbank, California. Originally built in 1912, the Billy Graham Evangelical Center, also known as the historic Reno Motor Company building, housed BGEA offices including those for its World Wide Pictures ministry. Much like its initial intended use of debuting of auto industry commercials, the BGEA used the building’s small theater to show its World Wide Pictures films to employees. The two theater chairs pictured here are from the former World Wide Pictures office in Minneapolis.
Learn more about World Wide Pictures and other Billy Graham Evangelistic Association film ministry through a new special display, “Pioneering Christian Cinema,” at the Billy Graham Library now through Feb. 28.